General Motors Co will recall 249,260 midsize sport utility vehicles to correct a potential fire hazard, a U.S. government safety agency said.
GM, in a filing with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, said the recall affected 2006-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer and GMC Envoy SUVs, as well as certain 2007 Buick Rainier, Saab 9-7X and Isuzu Ascender SUVs.
GM said a possible electrical short could affect power windows and door locks, and in some cases could cause a fire.
More money and business news:
- Life in this economy is really tough on moms
- Workers are stressed out, especially about pay
- Slideshow: Spectacular lakeside homes for sale
- Video: Ikea to build a budget hotel chain
- Sign up for our Business newsletter