Specialized Bicycle Components Inc. is recalling approximately 12,000 bicycles because a part can potentially break off and lead riders to fall and get hurt.
The company, which made the announcement in conjunction with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, said Tuesday that the front fork on the bicycles can break. It has received four reports of front forks breaking, resulting in facial fractures, head and shoulder injuries and cuts. The bicycles were manufactured by Kinesis of China.
The recall includes some 2008 and 2009 models of Globe bicycles for women and men. The models in the recall include: Globe Elite, Globe Sport, Globe Sport Disc, Globe Centrum Comp, Globe Centrum Elite, Globe City 6, Globe Vienna 3, Globe Vienna 3 Disc, Globe Vienna 4, Globe Vienna Deluxe 3, Globe Vienna Deluxe 4, Globe Vienna Deluxe 5 and Globe Vienna Deluxe 6 bicycles.
The bicycles were sold from July 2007 through July 2012.
Consumers should stop using the recalled bicycles immediately and bring them to an authorized retailer for the free installation of a free replacement fork. For more information, call 877-808-8154.
More money and business news:
- Worldwide bacon shortage 'unavoidable,' says pig group
- Home price bounce will help boost economy, eventually
- Poor life choice? Tattoos of logos from dot-com boom
- Listing of the Week: Which of these 2 islands will you buy?
- Video: Living inside a 300 sq. ft. 'micro-apartment'
- Sign up for our Business newsletter